Hi there! I’m Laura McGlynn, a creative designer specializing in custom paper goods and decor for weddings and events. My core style is modern and eclectic with a sprinkle of whimsy, but my goal with every event is to discover what is special, unique and personal about those I’m designing for… and to bring it to life.
If I had a motto, it would be: “do you“. I believe that the most memorable events are not trendy or over-the-top, but instead filled with personal, creative touches that clearly communicate who you are to your guests.
how do we start?
I design everything from scratch; there are no books to look through, or customization options to choose from. I’ll start by asking you a few questions to make sure I’m a fit, and then I’ll consult with you (in person, on the phone or via email) to learn about your style, what you’re looking for, and all the details of your event. I’ll provide you with some rough sketches, inspiration, a color palette and sample typography treatments before I ask for a deposit… and we’ll go from there!
Due to the nature of custom work, I price each event based on the details and level of work required. To give you a general idea: I have a minimum of $800 per event, which is also the starting price for a set of 100 invitations with reply cards, offset printed in one color; basic letterpress invitation suites start at $1,200. Contact me for more specifics!
Here’s a pretty exhaustive list of the details I can provide, but I love a challenge – let me know what you’re dreaming of and we’ll make it happen!
- Save the Dates and Invitations, cards, maps, envelope liners, custom postage, addressing, and coordinated thank you notes
- Guest welcome bags (custom-printed canvas or with labels, on paper), weekend maps and itineraries, printed gift tags and treat stickers
- Ceremony programs, either traditional, folded, fans or die cut shapes, and signs, like reserved seating and exterior (directional) signs
- Escort cards and place cards, seating charts and table numbers
- Menus – traditional, framed, wrapped ’round a napkin or even printed on one – and reception signs of all kinds
- Signature cocktail menus and signs, coasters and custom napkins, favor boxes, custom tags and other packaging
- Photo displays, photo booth backdrops and props… anything else to liven up the reception!